We are SFA!
The Speculative Fiction Academy provides an
environment where people interested in creating in the genre space can
5 Curriculum Tracks
- Fiction (Fantasy, Horror, Science Fiction, Supernatural Romance)
- Creative Writing Principles
- Non-Fiction and Creative Non-Fiction
- Film and New Media (Screenwriting, Film Production, Podcasting)
3 Ways to Learn
- Core, which lays the foundation (8-10 modules/weeks)
- Deep Dives, which explore specific topics closer (2-5 modules/weeks)
- Individual Sessions, which encompass presentations, workshop, panels discussions, and more.
Find Your Tribe
Meet the President
SFA Deans and Instructors
Rhonda Jackson Joseph
Nicole Givens Kurtz
Nicole Givens Kurtz is an author, editor, and educator. She's the recipient of the Horror Writers Association's Diversity Grant (2020) and the Atomacon Palmetto Scribe Award-Best Short Story 2021. She's been named as one of Book Riot's Best Black Indie SFF Writers. Her novels have been a finalist in the Dream Realm Awards, Fresh Voices, and EPPIE Awards for science fiction. Nicole has over 40 short stories published as well as numerous novels and three active speculative mystery series.