Unleash your inner ghoul. Learn the nuts and bolts of writing horror fiction.
Create the things that go "bump" in the night!
Students can expect to:
- Learn the mechanics of writing horror fiction (crafting tone and atmosphere for the genre)
- Understand the history of the genre
- Understand fiction markets and what prose length means for their work
- Become familiar with horror antagonists so that they can be used effectively in their work
- Learn how to identify their own voice
L. Marie Wood
President, Author, Horror Scholar
Lisa Wood, writing as L. Marie Wood, is an award-winning psychological horror author and screenwriter. She won the Golden Stake Award for her novel The Promise Keeper. Her screenplays have won Best Horror, Best Screenplay Short, and Best Afrofuturism/Horror/Sci-Fi awards at several film festivals. Wood is also a Professor of English. She has an MFA in Creative Writing with a concentration in Speculative Fiction and an MA in English and Creative Writing with a concentration in Screenwriting. Wood also has a Graduate Certificate in Online Teaching of Writing and a BA in Communications/ Film Production.